Monday, 8 April 2024

Introduction



Patricia Joan Romeril (Wilson) died in 2013 and she left behind a wonderful collection of Family History, including a coffee table book compiled in November 1992 which followed her direct Wilson family back to 1813.  During the 50s and 60s this was no easy feat as certificates etc were obtained by mail and money orders.  A much more difficult process compared to today with computers, social media and direct debit!!


Family was Patricia's passion and she was the "keeper of the past" when it came to photographs of immediate and extended family.  She was also a profilic writer and kept over 30+ years of diaries and left us hundreds of poems and short stories to share.

And so ..... today a parcel arrived from Wagga Wagga  (weighing over 15 kgs) where my sister has been protecting this paperwork.  And it is my intention to slowly digitise Mum's work and share parts of it here in this blog.  No way will I every finish this project in my lifetime and so I hope that this prompts someone else to take on the task in the future!

I am also intending to share ancestor's stories (and we have some very interesting family members). See See blog here  Hopefully this will prompt other family members to send me any research they may have of interest to us all.

Update..... April 2024
Whilst trawling through the many boxes of documents etc I found reference to an interview that Mum did in 2000 with the Northern Beaches Library History Hub.  Here she recollects the family's early years in Yenda and their settlling in Narrabeen .  A link to the interview is here.

There is also a transcript of the interview here





3 comments:

  1. San I am so excited that you have started this project- I can't wait to read all the wonderful writings and stories from Nan, and help her voice come alive for my little Elyse. Love Marissa xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your help, Marissa. Lots of work to be done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi San. This looks promising. What stories of our ancestors do you plan to put up?
    Is it too much of a stretch to include the stories of Bob's ancestors? Or should we start another blog for the Romeril/Brudus history?
    Barb

    ReplyDelete